1. Drink alcohol moderately. Alcohol, when ingested in large quantities, can be toxic to our body. The liver works to convert the toxic compound in alcohol to a harmless acid. But when we consume more alcohol than our liver hand handle, the toxic compound builds up and we become intoxicated. Drinking in moderation means no more than 1-2 glasses of wine per day!
Image by @brucemars via Unsplash
Signs of aging? Aging is inevitable, so how is reverse aging possible? Though you can’t exactly look like you’re in your early twenties when you’re actually in your fifties (like those witches in fairytales and movies), you can still look much younger compared to the rest of your peers! Take these steps below for healthy aging which will help you to look younger! Women’s health is one of the key to looking younger!
Bones, Joints & Muscles
2. Use sunscreen. If you do not have the habit of using sunscreen, start using them now no matter how old you are! It’s never too early to start taking care of your skin! Sunscreen is one of the most important tool to help in anti-aging as it protects our skin from the harmful rays – UVA and UVA. It helps in reducing the risk of skin cancers as well. Sunscreen should not only be used when you go suntanning – it should be incorporated into your daily skincare routine. Apply sunscreen 30minutes before you step out of the house!
3. Supplements. Calcium and iron are both essential as the bone density in most women decreases after the age of fifty. However, it’s hard to reach the required daily intake of these nutrients as you’ll need a high-calcium diet for it. Therefore, opt for supplements which will give you the daily dose you need. Start storing up your calcium early and age healthily and beautifully!
4. Active lifestyle. Pick up an exercise you enjoy like pilates and get moving! Working out regularly can help you to both feel and look younger! Not only does it help in maintaining your shape, research has shown that sweating it out also has anti-aging benefits.
5. Antioxidants. Having a healthy diet is important, but food that contains antioxidants like vitamins B and E will work wonders for your skin! According to dermatologist Marnie Nussbaum, chief medical spokesperson for Sebamed, antioxidants help to protect your skin from the free radicals which are damaging to the skin as you go about your day. Some of the food rich in vitamins B and E are fish, poultry, chickpeas, almonds and sunflower seeds.
6. Skip the straw. We’re asking you to skip the straw not only because it’s environmentally-friendly, but sipping on straws can increase fine lines around your lips. Sipping occasionally isn’t going to drastically increase your lip wrinkles, but if you need to sip your daily dose of starbucks, it’s better to ditch the straws.
7. Moisturize everyday. Keep your skin looking dewy and supple by applying moisturizer daily! Fine lines will show up much more on a dry skin as compared to a dewy skin. When you purchase any moisturizers or lotions, look out for ingredients such as hyaluronic acid and glycerin that will help give your skin the moisture it needs.
8. Sleeping on your back. If you’re a side sleeper, time to change your favourite sleeping position! Did you know that sleeping on your side can introduce lines and wrinkles to your face? That’s because sleeping sideways compresses your face on one side and decreases blood flow.